List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Where to send?
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-04-13 11:54:11

On Lunes 12 Abril 2004 22:12, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:12:20AM -0600, vitanova2@softhome.net wrote:
> > >where to send files?
> >
> > This list, or icons@kde.og. This list will give more feedback, hopefully
>
> Where does icons@kde go to?

It used to be a mailing list. Now it points to this list. This list does not
except attachments over 100 (?) kilo. With big attachments only the
icons@kde.org list can be used. I guess in that case the attachment does not
reach this list either.

Now, I really hope someone does receive the big attachments! In the old days
Torsten and Rik Hemsley used to be on the receiving end. (I was just
listening in.) Somewhere in the configuration it should be visible whether
there are others than this list that get the messages forwarded.

Frans pointed out work sent in sometimes is overlooked, and the author should
repeat his effort. Clearly, that will not happen always, work can get lost.
It would be good if the submissions to icons@ would get archived in some way.
Then there is less loss.

On the other hand bzipped svgs are pretty small. It takes quite some work to
go over it... do we still need the icons@ ?

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists
old:
http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita