List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Re: Cleaning up KDE: Konqueror-Toolbars and the Kicker
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-03-30 4:11:08

Davide Ferrari wrote:

> The only buttons I would like to leave there are the increase/decrease fonts,
> it's something really useful while browsing for people who have sight
> problems.

And speaking of people with sight problems (Me).

The icons for increase and decrease fonts are a usability issue.

1.	At 16x16 I have trouble telling them apart.  I suggest that they
	be a little plainer/simpler (less shadows and less shading) and
	that the "+" and "-" (which I can NOT tell apart) be in the glass
	rather than below it -- and a slightly larger glass.  That would
	also help to tell them from the find icon.  At 16x16 is that a foot
	print or a "+" or "-"?

2.	The handle should not be in the lower right quadrant.  It
	interferes with the small triangle which is superimposed on the
	icons.  Upper right or lower left would fix this.  Or, there needs
	to be a color contrast with the Black triangle.

Compare this with the very clear icons in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

--
JRT