List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: SVG Icons
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-03-11 12:57:01

On Jueves 11 Marzo 2004 10:40, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 23:31, you wrote:
> > Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
>
> > IIUC, it is not only: "mime_empty" that is being changed but all icons
> > names that start with: "mime_".  So there are quite a few icons to
> > rename. Not just in the directories listed above, but also in additional
> > icon themes that a user might install.  The solution to this would appear
> > to be a script which adds links to a users installation to fix the
> > problem.
>
> Not terribly important. So far there is no icon-theme that has a complete
> set of mime-icons. Not even hicolor or crystal. There were also only three
> icons with mime_* names in crystal/hicolor: mime_ascii, mime_empty and
> mime_koffice. The last one was never used.

Changing the icon names should be avoided if possible. There are hundreds of
icon themes at kde-look that will be outdated in one stroke. What is wrong
with an icon designing an empty mime type with a name as mime_empty?

> On the other hand, we have to figure out a model for assigning icons to
> mimetypes. The suggested gnome model is not very friendly to new themes, a
> better model might be to have an alias list for themes, where we look up
> icon for mimetype. Another idea could be a prioritized list of fallbacks
> "icon=empty;mime_empty" or "icon=kword_doc;wordprocessing;document".
>
> > I also point out that there were problems in Crystal as well, but these
> > appear to have been fixed recently.
> >
> > So, I will change the name in my tarball, and I leave it to you to see
> > that the icon files: "mime_empty.png" in the directories listed above get
> > renamed.
>
> Yes, kdeartwork-themes are a mess. Kids use "empty", ikons have a single
> "mime_empty" but only in size 48x48, and slick have all kinds of "mime_*"
> icons I've never seen before. I'll clean it up as much as I can.
>
> `Allan

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists
old:
http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita