List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: SVG icons: ARGH!! department.
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-03-04 12:42:50

On Jueves 04 Marzo 2004 08:07, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> So, I installed Содироди 0.34 and can't see much difference.
>
> I tried working on: "mime_empty".  I tried to simplify it, see attached
> [mime_empty.1.svgz].
>
> And now the problems:
>
> 1.	This file is larger than what I started with.
>
> 2.	Although this displays perfectly in Squiggle, Adobe Plugin, KSVG plugin,
> and renders correctly the The GIMP 2.0 Pre  it does not render properly in
> the KDE preview and thumb and it doesn't render properly as an icon.
>
> So, I think that there are still a few bugs in this to work out. :-)
>
> Any who, Does it look any different in one of the above listed stuff that
> displays it correctly)?  If not, this almost illustrates my point that
> icons don't really need the complicated gradients in many cases.
>
> So, then I opened it (the *.svg file) in Karbon14 and then saved it .  This
> fixed the errors.  Unfortunately, it also fixed the error with the corner
> shadow which is now wrong.  I opened it in Содироди again and fixed that.
> Now it [mime_empty.1k.svgz] opens in Karbon 14 and renders correctly as an
> icon.  This method appears to work.  Also, the file is back to the original
> size -- I had hoped that it would get smaller.

I could only test it in Sodipodi 0.30, both files looked the same. In Carbon
0.0.1 both could not be opened, but I guess I should update. OpenOffice 1.0
could not open both, but did not open the most simple ones either.

Mime_empty is really a template file. It would be very good to have the
repaired version in cvs.

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists
old:
http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita