List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: sketch
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-02-11 13:31:39

On Lunes 09 Febrero 2004 01:33, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * Ante Wessels <vitanova2@softhome.net> [Feb 06. 2004 13:55]:

> At this point I think that the most important thing is too find a
> vector editor in linux that we could suggest as "default".

Make a suggestion, and well, find out the amount and the quality of the
dissenting opinions :-) It seems most artists at kde-look work with sodipodi.

> Oh...and last but not least...sketch can work with illustrator files
> about as well as the scripts available. Until now I have not had success
> illustrator as SVG.

That's a shame... There may be a use for sketch: sodipodi can hardly open any
svg made with illustrator at all. If sketch can open these svgs, then at
least they can be edited with an open source app.

--

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita