List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: icon guide
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-02-05 12:25:28

On Domingo 01 Febrero 2004 21:09, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * Ante Wessels <vitanova2@softhome.net> [Feb 01. 2004 20:28]:
> > On Domingo 01 Febrero 2004 01:52, luciash d' being wrote:

> We tried this at suse (and if anyone really wants to try again, suse is
> willing to help :-). You will find that this will not work so well,
> because many of the icons are too complex, and/or don't cleary represent
> a simple message of what they are supposed to be.

Also, black and white icons are mostly 2D, and not only because of a decision.
There is no room for (suggested) 3D. Even if the colors are changed, the fact
that full color icons are mostly 3D will be a problem. The toolbar icons are
the most simple icons, and often 2D. The biggest chance of some succes will
be with toolbar icons.

The scripts Suse made may be helpful for producing color variations. More on
this in my next e-mail.

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita