List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Re: Icon dispute and resolve
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-16 13:27:34

On Viernes 16 Enero 2004 13:17, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There should be no problem releasing the SVGs per LGPL because it is
> easy to fulfill the terms of the license. Once we are using 100% SVGs
> there will be no more problem, or?
>
> I suggest that we spend our time making SVGs instead of discussing
> licenses :-)

I fully agree. The original problem was missing sources. We hoped there were
more svgs at suse, but heard by now everything suse has is in cvs. Torsten
reported that Everaldo made icons with illustrator with a special plugin or
something and those vectors can not be saved to svg. It would be helpful for
kde to have the illustrator .ai files so we can try to recover the vector
drawings. Do you have .ai files from Everaldo or would you like to ask
Everaldo to send them to you or icons@kde.org? That would be great!

Thanks,

Ante

> bye,
> ken

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita