List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: K-ARTIST: Icons,
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-14 20:26:52

On Miércoles 14 Enero 2004 13:37, chris / os11.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think that maybe because the crystal icons have been 'bought to
> order' that they either wont be released or that a few will be released
> because why would suse just give away artwork after they have bought
> the rights to it?

Everaldo is not the first artist to be paid be Suse. They never played games
with artwork. They've got better things to do.

> People could just rip it off without doing any work and create there
> own icon set... suse would loose out after they just paid for the
> work... i think its a clever way to 'stay in control'
>
> Other than that i think its an excuse that the icons are a pain to
> reproduce because he uses filters from illustrator. I have done a few
> icons from the crystal set in sodipodi and there pretty easy to do, see
>
> : http://www.chrisluetchford.com/svg/
>
> just my thoughts... i hope i'm wrong... but i feel this issue is
> starting to drag on...
>
> cheers :)
>
> //  Chris
>
> On 14 Jan 2004, at 10:40, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > Frans Englich writes:
> >> And if neither that works out, we could send a mail to Everaldo,
> >> something like the attached perhaps.
> >
> > Maybe it would be worth mentionning that it is illegal to distribute
> > the icons under the GPL or LGPL without distributing the svg "sources"
> > along.
> >
> > cheers
> > domi

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita