List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Still about icons:using them
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-10 13:00:31

On January 09, 2004 02:05 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that Chris made the wonderful svg KLettres iconn, I am about to put it
> in cvs.
>
> So from the svg, I generated crxx-app-klettres.png icons
> where xx is 16, 32, 48 and 128.
>
> I'll put all those crxx-app-klettres.png in cvs kdeedu/klettres/klettres so
> there are installed in the icon standard dir.
>
> Is it correct so far?
>
> question1: do I simply remove the loxx-app-klettres.png icons that are in
> KLettres dir? and the .xcf one?
> question 2: klettres.desktop has an icon. Where is it from? How do I change
> it for a svg-derived one?
> question3: do I put the svg klettres icon in klettres dir or in kdelibs?

ok, I'll answer to my own email.
In my aplication folder in cvs, I have now the crxx-app-name.png where xx is
16, 32, 48 and 128 plus the original svg file.
The icons are automatically installed with
KDE_ICON = AUTO
in the MAkefile.am of the folder where the icons are.
I removed all lo.* and .xcf icons.
The .desktop file is updated after the installation of the new icons.

The new icons look really great. I hope more people will come to do more work
on the remaining old icons.

Cheers,

annma