List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Icons, scripts and OSX
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-08 19:03:58

On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:15, Ante Wessels wrote:
> On Miércoles 07 Enero 2004 03:10, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 January 2004 02:48, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > P.S. Where exactly are the svg files in cvs?  I can't seem to find
> > > them.
>
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg/
>
> Because of the naming they are at the lower end of the page.
>
> > Ok, this is sad, but there actually is no svgs, perhaps one or two at
> > most.
>
> At http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg/
> I counted about 160 files.
>
> > Everaldo has promised to but never released the svg's for crystalsvg,
> > effectively holding KDE in a proprietary lock, much similar to a closed
> > source solution.
>
> With the about 160 I found, are Everaldo's found?

Na.. A `find ./kdelibs/pics/ -name *.svgz | wc -l` returns 156 and the icons
is almost exclusively of type mime, filesys or device. I think there's about
300-400 icons totally in kdelibs(I've heard somewhere :).

crystalsvg is tricky.. If we(as chris, Arnold, James & CO) currently do add
crystalsvg icons to KDE it gets out of sync with Everaldo's releases. AFAICT
we currently have a fork in crystalsvg. We could contact Everaldo asking him
to go open source(which is a fully accurate term) but we would still have the
fork problem..

Cheers,

Frans