List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: SVG icons
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-06 19:59:29

On Lunes 05 Enero 2004 02:53, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I am trying to make SVG versions of the CrystalSVG icons for the KOffice
> MIME types.
>
> Things are not going well.
>
> SodiPodi is still somewhat non-functional.
>
> I upgraded to Python-2.3 and now Sketch won't run (I assume that I can fix
> this).
>
> Then the real problems: :-) or :-(
>
> I find that there is an SVG version of: "mime_empty".
>
> However this does not appear to be a correct SVG file.  It will not display
> correctly in Amaya -- no syntax errors but it is all Black (:-|).  I am
> going to download the Apache SVG viewer and Adobe (for Mozilla) SVG plugin
> and see if they work.  But, if it doesn't display correctly in Amaya then
> the assumption is that it isn't correct.

I'm very interested in your solution, if it is possible to make good svg icons
with open source apps. Would you like to add an entry about it to the wiki
(link below) once you solved your problems? For instance, what about the size
that sodipodi uses by default?

> A more serious problem is that I can't find an SVG icon for any KOffice
> applications except for Kexi.  This is a problem which I cannot solve.  I
> didn't plan to do any original artwork -- I am not a real artist, I only
> combined, cleaned up, and added the text headers.  So, If I am going to
> make SVG versions of the MIME type icons, I must have the SVG version of
> the applications icons -- obviously.  Does anybody know if these exist?
>
> --
> JRT

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita