List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: icon request
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2003-12-07 9:35:16

> I don't want to sound pessimistic but it seems unlikely your request will
be
> pleased. KDE is in big need for icons and currently see no obvious
solution
> to find a bunch of artists to fix that :(

You might want to ask Ken, Everaldo or Frank directly though :-) Maybe they
just have something that fits by cooincidence.

> Also bare in mind, in order to be complaint with KDE's icon guide you must
> ship unthemed(hicolor) icons and then any optional themed icons, such as
> crystalsvg(which is default for KDE. so you could treat that guide
lightly..
> Someone will punish me for saying that).

While this hicolor-thing was true for KDE3.0 it isn't true for 3.1 anymore.
Default is CrystalSVG now, so you only have to provide Crystalicons.

> Perhaps you could borrow(with permission of the authors) an icon from
brahms
> or Rosengarden?

... or noteedit. BTW: I think your application would make a really nice
addition to the KDE-Education ("kde-edu") package.

Regards,
Torsten Rahn