List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Use of kdelibs-3.1/pics/crystalsvg/crsc-app-openoffice.svgz
From:       "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-02-28 17:43:47

Hi,

Please cc me directly in any replies since I am not subscribed to this
list.

I hope I have found the right place....

I work on KDE and GNOME desktop integration and porting for OpenOffice.org
(among other things) and I am personaly a kde 3.1 user.

I was looking to improve the installed kde desktop integration and when
nosing around I found the following svg icon.

kdelibs-3.1/pics/crystalsvg/crsc-app-openoffice.svgz

It is very very nice and I would very much like to make it the default
OpenOffice.org menu icon (or conversions of it from the svg to .png files
using ksvgtopng) that is installed by OOo for our upcoming 1.1 release for
under both KDE and GNOME.

I was wondering who I might need to contact to find out what license this
icon is available under (if it is LGPL then it is compatible with OOo's
license) and who the authors are and if they would allow us to use it.

I have been strugling with nice icons for OpenOffice.org individual
components apps as well (Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Writer/Web, Math,
etc) for the kde integration and was hoping someone here might have things
they would like to see integrated.

Any hints or guidance greately appreciated.

BTW: although slightly off-topic -  konstruct is simply wonderful

Thanks,

Kevin Hendricks
OpenOffice.org Porting Co-Lead
Lingucomponent Project Lead and