List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Crystal questions
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-11-30 8:09:32

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:27:55PM +0100, ante wrote:
> The older icons are in pixel format, svg is a vector format. I do not know
> whether work on the pixels is discontinued, I do know that the vectors will
> be part of the upcoming release, so, I guess, they get all attention at the
> moment. Supporting many sizes becomes to much work, vectors are the future...

Understandably.

> > Finally, is it possible to get access to version of the icons in an
> > intermediate format such as SVG or GIMP XCF,
>
> The svg's are in svg, the others in png, so elements can be reused.
>
> so that the individual
> > elements of them can easily be reused?

What I mean is, for example, there are a lot of icons made up of a "folder"
image (which is the same throughout) with another image on top of it, such
as a "package" image, a "movie" image, a "sound" image, etc. I would like
to have images of just those most basic elements. As far as I know that is
simply not possible with PNG, because the PNG files we can download have all
the elements combined and blended already. Is it possible to extract the
separate elements from an SVG file, so that they can be worked on separately
and then later recombined? I know very little about the SVG format.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t