List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Crystal questions
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-11-28 2:30:22

[I've already sent this to Everaldo and a similar message to this list, but
I am reposting it in case anyone is listening now. I don't know if you're all
busy or not reading the list or what.]

Hi, Everaldo. I hope you can help me. I sent a letter similar to this to
the kde-artists list, but I've decided to rephrase my message and send it to
you personally, in case you don't read the list regularly.

I'm kind of confused about the Crystal icon scheme(s).

How many different Crystal icon schemes are there? I see that the one
included in KDE now is called Crystal SVG; there is also something on
kdelook called Crystal Classic. Are these separate schemes, or is "Classic"
just an older version of Crystal?

With Crystal SVG, how do you display the icons at any size? I don't
see any options anywhere (in 3.1 RC2) to scale them to arbitrary sizes; just
the same old sizes as the old icons had (even though I see that there are
some gzipped svg files).

Is Crystal SVG a separate 'fork' of Crystal, or is it just the continuation
of Crystal? No offense to you, but I preferred the regular (not "SVG")
Crystal (back around release .6 or so). I downloaded Crystal Classic from
kdelook, but it's missing some things, and some icons are in an old style
(like hicolor) which doesn't fit Crystal.

Finally, is it possible to get access to version of the icons in an
intermediate format such as SVG or GIMP XCF, so that the individual elements
of them can easily be reused? By this, I'm mainly talking about the older
icons that I prefer; I know there are SVG files available for the newer
ones. If no one else is maintaining the older ones, I'd really like to
attempt to fill out the set at least and polish it a little (as little as my
GIMP skill is).

Thanks for your time.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t