List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Crystal questions
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-11-20 5:58:48

I'm kind of confused about the Crystal icon scheme.

Is there one 'official' Crystal scheme and a few unofficial ones, or do
Everaldo/Conectiva maintain a few separate 'official' ones?

What's with Crystal SVG? How do you display the icons at any size? I don't
see any options anywhere (in 3.1 RC2) to scale them to arbitrary sizes; just
the same old sizes as the old icons had (even though I see that there are
some gzipped svg files).

Is Crystal SVG the only one being maintained? No offense to Everaldo, but I
much MUCH preferred the regular (not "SVG") Crystal back around .6 or so.
It's not quite so flashy and shiny (I know a lot of you want to tell me all
Crystal icons are flashy, but please save it :) ) Is there any branch of the
less "shiny" Crystal icons that's more up-to-date than the "Crystal Classic"
ones on kdelook? That one is missing some toolbar icons and its "text file"
pencil/paper icon is the old style, while I prefer the new, less
photorealistic, one.

Finally, is it possible to get access to version of the icons in an
intermediate format such as SVG or GIMP XCF, so that the individual elements
of them can easily be reused? By this, I'm mainly talking about the older
icons that I prefer; I know there are SVG files available for the newer
ones. If no one else is maintaining the older ones, I'd really like to
attempt to fill out the set at least and polish it a little (as little as my
GIMP skill is).

Thanks, and I hope I haven't either left anyone thinking "huh?" or annoyed
:)

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t