List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Re: Comments from a svg guru
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2002-10-31 12:58:41

Am Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2002 12:56 schrieb Vadim Plessky:
> On Thursday 31 October 2002 3:10 pm, rwlbuis@xs4all.nl wrote:
> |  > That's expected behavior.
> |  Maybe from karbon from koffice 1.2, as it doesnt have an svg import
> |  filter, duh.
> Yes, sure. SVG import is not in Karbon for KOffice 1.2.
> (hint: we need new release!)

Actually we need weekly binaries of ksvg2png after KDE 3.1 is out and
a quick way to compile Karbon14 from sources.

> |  If you take current cvs karbon I am pretty sure it will import well.
> |
> |  PS The new svg theme looks very nice, I will look how it works with ksvg
> |  and karbon14 later.
>
> Ah, thanks, I will continue my work than :-)
>
> I found that there are 400 icons required (!!) just for apps, plus similiar
> number for actions, etc. - at least that's what in one of themes I uses as
> an example.
> So, about 700 icons to go :-))

well, kdelibs alone has got around 1800 pixmaps. After KDE 3.1 is out we'll
switch to SVG as far as possible. I hope we can reduce the number of files to
600 that way.

Greetings,
Tackat