List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Suggestions for KDE3.1
From:       Frank Karlitschek <frank () kde-look ! org>
Date:       2002-10-16 15:57:16

Hello artists,

I have a few suggestions to polish the visual appearance of KDE3.1
These days itīs more important as before for the KDE brand to have
an unique and pretty vanilla KDE out of the box.

- Make Crystal Icons default
In the latest CVS Hicolor is still default. With or without running
kpersonalizer the Crystal Icons should replace Hicolor as default.

- Update to Crystal 0.71
Should CVS updated from Crystal 0.5 to 0.71 ?

- Make Keramik style default
You should get the Keramik style if you start a new KDE session or
start a KDE application out of Gnome. At the moment isīs Hicolor.

- Make Keramic Windows Deco default

- White Mousepointer
I think the white mousepointer looks better. What do you think?

- New Slash Screen
Make a new one or remove the "Beta" from the current one.

- New spinning wheel icon for Konqueror
The current one is a little bit outdated and doesnīt fit in the
current Crystal/Keramik look.

I could start an art contest or a new poll on KDE-Look.org to
find the missing artwork.

What do you think?

Greetings
Frank