List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Re: Keramik demo page is online! (with links!)
From:       "luciash d' being" <luci () ground ! cz>
Date:       2002-09-22 17:14:53

hello,

i would like to see the whole content in XML data format parsed to (x)html using
templates for web and additionally to other formats (PDF, svg, plain text, etc.)
we started to use this in one of our company projects and i must say it's really
great experience...

now back to the subject...

marko faas wrote:
  >>>You can see the result on http://fredan.org/keramik/ and get the files from
  >>>http://fredan.org/keramik/keramik_links.tar
  >>

  > Looks good. However it resembles the standard template looks all those
  > slashdot clones use too.

IMHO it should be made (if i imagine Keramik) in the other color scheme than
blue, i like the Keramik Emerald - in fact it looks more like real ceramic ;)
(my current color scheme - see the attached screenshot)

  > Some minor things:
  > - the topmenu is very hard to read.
  > - I have on Mozilla a very big blue border. (it is the biggest on the
  > left side of the screen)

i have it in Konqueror 3.1 beta1 too :(
(see the shot)

  > What is KDE?
  > 	What is KDE?
  > 	Documentation
  > 	Screenshots
   >
  > Communities
  > 	Women
  > 	Artists
  > 	Educators
  > 	Enterprise users
  >

  > That eliminates the very long and unclear family-tree.

good idea to separate it into more sections. they shouldn't be titled as a
duplication (see What is KDE? - instead of it could be About) of documents
titles and should be clear and short... it should be made even on the data
source level (XML)!
please think about the sections, their titles and structure carefully...

  > I always learned never to use inc.-files, but only .php beacuse
  > otherwise people could see the source.

it's also my opinion but it depends on what the include file is used for and if
it contains some code not meant to be visible to public.

luci
--

luciash [graun]d' being :.:::.::. ::.:::  :: ::    :  :.:.::

["keramik_corr-luci.gif" (image/gif)]