On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 04:58:38PM +0200, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > Hi everybody! [snip] > 1. Both actions "copy" and "cut" have in common the adding of something > to the clipboard. Thus they both have an element that shows the adding: > the moving paper. The difference is quite obvious shown: copy leaves the > original, cut leaves an empty place. [snip] > 2. Look at the old copy symbol. The new paper moves to the left. But the > clipboard symbol is usually at the right. Now I think it makes more > sense if the cutted/copied paper moves in the direction of the clipboard > symbol. > > 3. I placed one action to the right, the other to the left of the > clipboard symbol. Maybe this placement makes it easier to associate the > action also with the place. [snip] I won't comment too much on your new icons or placement, because I don't really have much of an opinion on them. They seem like plausibly good ideas (and the graphics look good), but I hardly ever use the toolbar buttons for them anyway, so I'm not sure what's more convenient. > 4. The kicker applet "klipper" is nice, but ouf of my work flow. Why not > offer the whole usable klipper content via an additional dropdown menu > on long button click, like with the navigation buttons of konqueror? I agree completely! I've been telling myself for a *long* time that I would implement that when I got good enough. I'm still not good enough :/ But I also had the idea to use a "hold down the button" type thing (does that have a more proper name in UI terms?) Unfortunately, though, lately I've grown rather sick of the Konqueror and Konsole "hold down the button" menus; I'd much rather be able to use a right click instead, or a separate clickable area like in Windows (and I think Mozilla?) So my idea lately has been to have the klipper menu be a submenu of the standard right-click menu for text fields. I haven't investigated how feasible that would be, though. It might be a little troublesome because the user would have to be *running* klipper for it to appear, and I'm not sure how flexible KDE's menus are about inserting other running programs in themselves. > 5. I am not sure about this: Wouldn't it make more sense if the > clipboard is not greyed out if no content is available but shows the > status by an empty clipboard? The clipboard could be greyed out if > inserting is not possible, like in readonly mode. I don't really agree. Grayness suggests much more strongly to me that an action cannot be done. > PS: And would be more eyecandy than usability: When copying and > inserting via the clipboard the movement of the data is visualized by a > flow to and off the clipboard from and to the actual placement in the > document view... like the window movements to and from the taskbar when > hiding/unhiding :) I like it :) It could move off to wherever klipper is. -- Furrfu! r a k k o at c h a r t e r dot n e t _______________________________________________ kde-artists mailing list kde-artists@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists