Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002 11:12 schrieb Frank Karlitschek: > Exactly. Please send me a mail if anyone has a better idea how to prote= ct > the site from bored script kids. > I don=B4t line the idea to require login either. There are problems which don't have a solution. This seems to be one of = them. > > And what is more: This is a form of censorship. =20 > > Sorry, but this isn=B4t censorship.=20 Hmmm... I guess you are right about this one. As soon as I vote bad on=20 something, I am a censor according to my definition. :( Sorry about tha= t. > A few month ago many people complained > about the low content quality on KDE-Look.org (Holiday pictures, bad > wallpapers, ... ) I don=B4t want to rate the content on my own. Neither= do a > like the concept of super editors or super users who are able to delete > stuff. The community has to decide whats good an whats bad. So I introd= uced > the 20% limit. Do you think it should be lower? Yes. It should be 0% in my opinion. This way when I direct my browser t= o=20 kde-look.org, I have the default of 30% and see only the higher rated=20 content, but it would give me the opportunity to see what else is there a= nd=20 vote good on something which in my opinion is being treated unfair. The = 20%=20 border is a one-way-street. By making this a two-way-street you could ta= ke=20 quite some fun out of the game that those kids are playing. And if it is= no=20 more fun, then maybe they'll stop eventually. =20 I think that the "show only content with score above xx%" is a very good = idea. =20 And the default value of 30% makes sense. But I really would like to hav= e=20 the opportunity to see the stuff that others rated "real bad". What if t= hey=20 were wrong? Or if it were just a few votes right after the upload? Gett= ing=20 voted below 20% takes you out of the game. If the rules say, that you ca= n't=20 drop out of the game, then the people with a win-lose attitude may stop=20 playing... > > You are right about that one. That pisses me off too. "Virtual Upda= tes" > > or whatever you may call it. The best answer to that would be bad > > comments about this behaviour... > Do you have a idea how to prevent this? No idea but the obvious one, that bad comments about this kind of behavio= ur is=20 not appreciated. I think the community-response will sooner or later tak= e=20 care of this. Nothing to worry about. > Greetings > Frank Cheers Joerg P.S.: And by the way, thanks for kde-look.org. It is one of 4 sites I t= ry to=20 visit daily (the others being kde.org, dilbert.com and heise.de). I am=20 grateful for your work. And could you please answer one question that I = have=20 had for months? What program did you use to create the wireframe model i= n=20 the kde-look-logo? _______________________________________________ kde-artists mailing list kde-artists@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists