List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:SVG icons
From:       Hyrcan <hyrcan () hyrcan ! com>
Date:       2002-06-22 21:52:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Greetings,

I've looked, but haven't found that much information on the plans for
svg icons in KDE (looking for more than just "kde3.x will support
them")  Anyone know where I can find more info? I'm not a serious
programmer but I would like to help where I can.

Also I wanted to hear what people though about SVG icons, and possible
"enhanced" SVG icons. =20

Enhancements being connecting the kcontrol "look&feel - colors" controls
into them.  For example you create a icon set with a primary and
secondary "changeable" color.  Users then pick which colors they want to
use...so your Icon set will work with mostly anyones desktop...  Of
course you would always be able to create "static" colored icons that
can't be changed.

Possibly even making the SVG icons change based on various file
attributes such as file size, file permissions... For example, a sudo 3D
file system could be created right in Konqueror...  different files
sizes create different icons, (it would be good to make the scale
relative to the other contents of the directory....  or changing the
colors to red if there is no permission to access the file...

and of course SVG animation...

Now, like I said before I'm not a serious programmer so all of this
could be that of dreams...and of course there's the question of will it
make KDE as slow as nautilus (yes I know they're working on it) if all
this is possible and implemented?

just some thoughts...
Hyrcan