List:       kde-artists
Subject:    credits to images [Re: K-ARTIST:License: proposal]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-05-19 11:28:23

On Friday 26 April 2002 19:15, Torsten Rahn wrote:
|  On Friday 26 April 2002 15:14, luciash d' being wrote:
|  > Dne pá 26. duben 2002 09:59 Guenter Milde napsal(a):
|  > >   2. You cannot place a copyright notice into each icon file (*.png,
|  > > *.xpm) (How about *.svg?)
|  >
|  > yes, it is possible to place any notice into svg file
|
|  It's also possible for xpm, jpg and png - I already suggested to make use
| and display this information in KDE 3.1 so  that the user can retrieve
| easily the credits and the license of each file.

Sorry for late comment, was quite busy before:
 adding comments to svg, xpm, jpg and png, and making use of this information
in KDE 3.1 (read: you can check who is the author) solves a lot of potential
problems, plus provides credibility to authors.
I often ask myslef: "hey, who is the author of this great wallpaper?" (icon,
background, etc.)
It would be nice if author's e-mail can be displayed in image preview's
properties, and you can easily drop him "thank you" mail.

|  Greetings,
|  Tackat

Regards,
--