List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:I got tired of everything...
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-05-07 9:57:37

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 09:54, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> antialias wrote:
> > ...and created some drawers. They are not blue & shiny, they will be
> > grey and elements-colors (like in drawer-mail) will be from BeOS
> > palette and a little bit Salvador Dali crazy.
> >
> > Link for those who are interested in such a thing:
> >
> > http://www.dbmail.dk/antialias/drawers.png
>
> The drawsers look o.k. except that they are maybe a little bit too wide.
> Furthermore a folder corresponds only to one drawer. Therefore it's a
> little bit odd to see two drawers per folder.

Actually, a drawer contains a lot of folders, so IMHO it is not the same as a
folder. BTW, I don't like icons which shows a set of drawers representing a
file manager.

> The Mail folder looks, well, ˇOlé! like a torero with the red cloth. ;-)

This is not a red cloth, this is a red english postbox smelted down :) But is
is Olé ;-)

> Now the desktop:
> You should turn it around so that the user sees the desktop as if he's
> sitting at his desk and not as if he's standing in front of it. After
> all it should represent the user's desktop and not the desktop of his
> boss. ;-)

You are right, it is not finished at all, it just happened to be on the
screenshot. And I have to create it from the same perspective as the drawers.
And it is too dark.

> The lamp and the stool are superfluous.

Yes. Right.

> The light which is emitted from the LCD display looks odd (because it
> seems to be emitted exactly with an angle of 90 degrees). The emitted
> beam should become much wider.

Light is not supposed to be bluish, and you are right again about the angle.

Thanks a lot for your comments :)

antialias