List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Ksvg & sodipodi & svg icons
From:       Rob Buis <buis () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-03 10:57:05

Hi,

> > Well I am not sure about the speed, what cpu do you have there ? :)
> > It should perform okay for svg icons I guess, it is still too slow fo=
> > big svgs.
>
> On this machine where I compiled ksvg I have Athlon 1.1 GHz, and only 9=
6
> SDRAM. I have a dir with all Jimmac's  Gorilla scalable svg's and some =
of
> mine own (there are over 100 svg images), and Konqi (with ksvg plugin)
> previews them all faster than my home dir.

Yes that gorilla theme is wonderful and works really nice together with k=
svg
and the svg icon engine.

I want to remark that we value very much to get links to nice .svgs out t=
here
on the web. We are probably going to make a section for this on svg.kde.o=
rg
soon.

> > Keep in mind when compiling ksvg that it depends on libart 2.3.8 whic=
h is
> > not in kdesupport yet. So you have to get a libart package or compile=
 it
> > yourself.
>
> Yes.

This was not only directed to you since you got it working but to the oth=
er
artists as well ;)

Cheers,

Rob.