List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Mime icons usability & visibility ;-)
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-04-19 11:40:29

On Thursday 18 April 2002 03:47 pm, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> Don't get me wrong: At first I liked the whole idea, too. But the only
> thing that you gain by creating "multilevel-icons" is that the artists have
> to do less work. And this is done at the cost that the user will have to
> understand the whole concept when it comes down to changing an icon or to
> changing an icontheme. To introduce a technology which decreases the ease
> of use for the user just to save some work for the artist is no option for
> me.
>
> Greetings,
> Tackat

Agree. We have a possibility to save work for the icon artists right now.
First, xcf files in kdeart-devel module, and second we can separate mimetype
elements from mimetype icons and upload them to kdeart-devel. I already have
a lot of these elements ready for copy and paste (I used default elements for
my anti-icons). So the artists can just change mimeempty (paper and/or shape)
and paste an element on top of it.

antialias