List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:New Icontheme
From:       Daniel Cassidy <mail () lezek ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-15 23:10:41

On Monday 15 April 2002 11:03 pm, you wrote:
> On Monday 15 April 2002 23:54, Daniel Cassidy wrote:
> > there seems to be a movement in kde towards the jelly bean style icons in
> > xp which i find quite disturbing (particularly the log out/lock screen
>
> There isn't. Hicolor will always be available. Slick is very slick and
> original. Crystal and iKons might have a bit more "jelly bean" elements,
> but those are just two themes out of many available on kde-look.org.

hmm, well there is certainly a windows xp jellybean style look to the log
out/lock screen buttons in kde3. there was a lot of concern raised about this
in the cafe, and i'm not sure if anyone had the guts to raise it here or not
;)

i recall it being mentioned that this was to highlight powerful functions,
which is indeed a good idea. however, it seems to me that in other icons this
is achieved by putting an indented circle round it, which in my view is more
elegant. i don't think the new log out/lock buttons really fit the kde style

anyway, just as long as the artists are aware of these concerns