List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:New Icontheme
From:       "luciash d' being" <luci () sh ! ground ! cz>
Date:       2002-04-15 18:19:59

Dne po 15. duben 2002 19:42 everaldo napsal(a):
> I think that should be a style of icons capable to compete with the one of
> the xp and macos

what about icons which have a look, they're half in the desktop background
and half going out? or something like that covered by some plastic or glass
bulb?

BTW:
i was also thinking about new feature for some of next releases of KDE:
icons should have the optional possibility to set an image (pixmap or svg)
for background of icons and one for foreground of icons...
that would bring us possibilities to make real magic with icons and also
faster implementation of unconsistently looking (non-kde apps) icons.

just imagine:
you just installed some new app to your linux box and an icon in 2d oldish
standard look and style appears included with the application and doesn't fit
too much with your other shiny icons. but if we have this feature, we can
e.g. put this icon (manually or automagically) on the icon background theme,
which could be semi-transparent alpha-blended background half of an magic
sphere and then cover it with another semi-transparent foreground icon half
over it!
now we have an icon "packed nicely" and floating inside the transparent magic
sphere, or whatever kovering theme else, which goes well with all other icons
placed in other spheres or with them placed outside but created by an artist
in an shiny (crystalized etc...) magical spherish look... :o)

what do you think about it?
is anybody able to code something like this here ;) ?

luci
--

luciash [graun]d' being :.:::.::. ::.:::  :: ::    :  :.:.::