List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [Fwd: RE: K-ARTIST:New Icon for Kate - Stolen image]
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-04-15 13:47:56

Subject: RE: K-ARTIST:New Icon for Kate - Stolen image
From: antialias <vukman@dbmail.dk>
To: Pablo Liska <pablo@ballotbin.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 15:47:21 +0200

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 05:41, Pablo Liska wrote:
> That is too bad.  I also feel that "kde-artists" is a relatively closed
> group. Criticism can be harsh.

Kde-artists is not a closed group. Take a look at kdeart cvs module and
you will see how many wallpapers (background pictures) have been
incorporated in KDE 3. As well icon-themes and other artwork.
When we are talking about the new icon for Kate the 'history' looked
like this:

1. Christoph Cullmann posts an email with links to the new Kate icon
saying that 'someone' sent it to him. Images (icons and logo) are
already part of official kde.org/kate web-site.
2. I have a feeling that I've already seen the image and I search for
'pen' on Google finding 'new Kate icon' on Canada Transport web-site.
3. As image is maybe copyrighted I react and send email to kde-artists
mailing list saying that image is stolen (not original). KDE has already
had problems with copyright holders and it is better to react
imidiatelly if we don't want to be sued.

Just my 2 crowns (danish money :)

regards,

antialias