List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Directory overlays - removing the white sheet
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-11 14:29:18

Am Dienstag, 9. April 2002 15:02 schrieb Simon MacMullen:
> A long time ago when I first hacked up a "folder thumbnail", Tackat said
>
> that:
> > Ideally the mimetype-symbol would be a single symbol (without the sheet)
>
> and
>
> > it would be overlaid over the sheet (according to the mimetype of the
> > document) or over the folder-icon (if the folder contains mostly items of
> > that particular mimetype).
>
> Well, I'm willing to do the coding part of this (I haven't looked into how
> much work it would be but I'm assuming it's not going to be insane), if the
> artists want to do the drawing part (which is probably more work, so I
> won't be offended if they don't).

There are a lot of issues with this "solution" in terms of usability in terms
of concept and in terms of updating the system. In fact there are so many
problems involved that I fear that it would be best to postpone this specific
feature (i.e. displaying the mimetype by using overlay-icons) for the next
major release (i.e. KDE 4.0).

Greetings,
Tackat