List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Konqueror 3 Icons
From:       Oliver Strutynski <olistrut () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-04-04 20:15:30

First of all let me say that I am really impressed with KDE 3 in general. I
haven't had time to follow the various pre-releases, so I didn't know what to
expect.

I have some comment about the default high-color theme (and especially the
Konqueror/KFM icons) though:

 - overlay (little arorw) on magnifying glass (+ and -) touches object
(magnifying glass). looks a bit odd. happens with both 22x22 and 32x32 icons.

 - i don't see why the up/back/forward buttons in konqueror are displayed on a
recessed circle. it doesn't really look bad, bad makes no sense to me since
these buttons already have a highlighted role due to their position and the
additional space between the home and reload button.

 - in the sidebar tree view and the list view in the filemanager the drop
shadow of the folder icons (16x16) creates an unsteady, uneasy impression.
that is especially true if e.g. you sort the view by date and see hidden
(.name) and regular folders intermixed, since hidden folders are themselve
displayed in a lighter shade.

 - the cervisia icon in filemanager mode should imo resemble the other display
option icons in color.

 - animated icons in filemanager mode: useless but nice feature. unfortunately
icons seem to jump to the right on mouse over instead of just opening
(probably to keep them centered). this creates a very unsteady impression,
especially since icon animation even starts when moving the mouse pointer
over a folder to go to another folder (if you are not fast enough). the first
time i saw that i though i had incidentally triggered a drag and drop
operation with the touch pad on my laptop.

Just some thoughts... Let me say again that you did a great job with KDE 3.

Oliver