List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:The KDE Icons
From:       Daniel Cassidy <mail () lezek ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-26 0:37:15

On Monday 25 March 2002 10:15 pm, ante wrote:
> I'm not an official spokesman for this, but AFAIK, all KDE is gpl. That's
> what is mentioned on the home page, www.kde.org. It is also the thing
> Torsten asks to artists contributing to KDE: do you consent your work is
> published under the GPL?

actually, no. different kde components are released under various licenses,
including the GPL, QPL, artistic license and BSD license.
all in all which icons are released under which license is a very difficult
question. really, i think it would be good manners to avoid using them unless
your project is directly related to kde.

> Can GPL icons show up under LGPL? Ask RMS...
technically, i very much doubt it

--
  SuSE Linux 7.3
 10:14pm  up  1:57,  2 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.47, 0.28