List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:The KDE Icons
From:       ante <vitanova () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-03-25 22:15:45

I'm not an official spokesman for this, but AFAIK, all KDE is gpl. That's
what is mentioned on the home page, www.kde.org. It is also the thing Torsten
asks to artists contributing to KDE: do you consent your work is published
under the GPL?

Can GPL icons show up under LGPL? Ask RMS...

Ante

On Sunday 24 March 2002 18:48, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> Dear KDE artists,
>
> I just want to ask whether the icons (file open,...)
> of the KDE project are GPL or LGPL.
>
> I want to write an LGPLed Java library which should
> contain some helpful extensions to Sun's API
> and also some useful icons.
> May I take some from KDE?
> If not, under what conditions am I allowed to do so?
>
> -- Vog

Cordialemente,

Ante

******