List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Icons urgent needed
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-03-16 11:03:57

A fresh check out of HEAD makes you realise that the following apps are
missing an application icon:

* KAddressBook  Quite important this app get an icon before KDE 3.0 (I believe
			 Dave Leigh is working on it)
* KBugBuster       kdenonbeta, IMO should have a lower priority
* KBounce	          kdegames
* KFoulEggs        kdegames, bug #30926
* KTimer              kdeutils
* KDat                 kdeutils
* KColorChooser  kdegraphics

Don't ask me about design/what icon to choose, contact the maintainer of the
respective apps, I just spotted them :)

Then we got _alot_ of non kde apps detected by kappfinder which doesn't have
an icon. In konqueror they got the questionmark but in the kMenu it's just
blank. Quite ugly IMHO. What is the best solution to this? Edit every desktop
file and specify the gear/executable icon? Right now it says ie
"Icon=pico.xpm" but there's no pico icon.. same goes for almost all other
nonkde apps that kappfinder detects.  I could do the *.desktop editing, but
first I need to know if it's a good idea.

cheers,
Frans