List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Icon for KMagnifier
From:       antialias <vukman () b2mail ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-29 22:19:03

I know what you mean but that was not my intention:

1. It is very easy to draw a lens, but you have lenses everywhere (for
example, Xmag, KDE toolbar icons for viewmag+  & viewmag-, findfile,
findapplication etc. etc. So, lens is not so original. Your Kmag
application icon has to be original (not just better painted lens), so
people can recognize it.

2. I installed Kmag today to see what it does. First I couldn't figure
out how to use it. Then, accidentally, I clicked inside the kmag window
and, again accidentally, moved mouse cursor outside the Kmag window and
then I saw what you can see in icon I created. An insteresting pointer
which is used by F16 pilots ;-), and then I got idea to use it as basic
design for your icon.

3. The icon I created has center with pointer which simbolize presizion
and, at the same time arrows in all corners which simbolize
magnification. Of course, that is not enough for a decent application
icon, so I added some color etc. etc.

4. I don't know, I tried with different colors, but combination with
dominant yellow was simply the best.

5. I deliberatelly created the icon to look as one of KDE default icons,
and I didn't want it to look as Aqua clone or something else's clone.

6. I had better idea for the Kmag icon but it was impossible to create
it in 16x16 & 22x22 sizes, so I dropped it :(

7. That was my contribution, I hope you understand why I did it like I
did it, but if you want a lens you can just pick up some of the existing
icons.

Best regards,

antialias