List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:iKons 0.5.5
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-28 12:53:07

> Hi KDE-Artists,

Hi Kristof :-)

> I've released a new version of iKons. My purpose is to include iKons 0.6
> with KDE3, but there are still some small things to do. I would appreciate
> any comments/suggestions.

I'd like to commit the following icons into kdelibs to replace the current
default icons with these:

1day.png
5days.png
7days.png
appointment
list.png
month.png
run.png (being used as an icon for "Launch Feedback" in KControl)
today.png
todo.png
whatsnext.png
filenew.png
klpq/printer1.png (looks great!)

Are all of these original artwork? Could you give me permission to include
them with KDE (this would require you to give permission for free commercial
and noncommercial usage)?

Some comments on the icons in general:

- The new stop-icon is well-designed. But there are some cultures where an
open hand might look offending.
- The polished and more 3-D folder-icon looks awesome :-) (gives a funny
effect if being used together with the animated icons).
- The new printer-icon looks very very clean and sharp - great work! :-) !

Greetings,
Tackat