List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:apps, devices and filesystem by everaldo
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-26 15:32:14

Looks nice. Some comments:

[Apps]
go.png looks too cluttered.
go2.png looks fine.
kmail.png looks excellent.

network.png looks too 3D to me to be recognized well at lower sizes: Attached
to this mail you'll find an illustration that shows how the icons will look
at 16x16 (second column) or 32x32 (default-size).
At 16x16 they are hard to be recognized - especially if this is the size in
which you see them at the very first time. It's even worse if you don't have
alphablending enabled in KDE - then you won't have any shadows and jagged
borders.
Of course one can always create 2D-16x16-versions to prevent this but the user
will have a hard time to associate the tiny 2D-versions with the larger
3D-versions if you overdo it.

[filesystem]

home16.png - looks like an arrow pointing up.

[devices]

They all lack a little bit contrast

> Are these icons for KDE3?

I would very much appreciate if Everaldo would offer his icons in the form of
iconthemes and give permission for adding them to CVS ( I would appreciate it
even more if he would just add them to cvs, module art-devel instead of
spamming this list with screenshots ;-) .
I'd put them into kdeartwork for KDE 3.0. For KDE 3.1 I'd like to see some of
the icons merged into the default-icontheme (i.e. kdelibs/kdebase).

Greetings,
Tackat

["illustration.jpg" (image/jpeg)]