List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:"Symbolizing Accessibility" Article Link
From:       Sebastien Biot <sebastien.biot () verizon ! net>
Date:       2002-01-19 18:20:18

On Friday 18 January 2002 21:04, antialias wrote:
> I suggest that we use Smiley as symbol for general accessability because
> a smile opens every door :)

I rather like that idea. A smiley is inviting and it does convey the idea of
openness. It would represent accessibility from a human, 'emotional,'
perspective departing from its incomplete technical description as
traditionally emphasized by the "International Symbol of Access."

We may run into recognition problems though. It's probably a long shot to ask
people to associate 'smiley' with 'accessibility.' Hopefully, if we're right
about its positive aspect, people shouldn't have problems _remembering_ this
association. On the plus side, a smiley at 16x16 still looks like a smiley
(see attached mock-up).

Seb
--
Sebastien Biot <seb.biot@iname.com>
["accessibility_menu_mock-up.png" (image/png)]