List:       kde-announce
Subject:    RPM's and new binaries available for KDE2pre-alpha
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2000-01-14 0:01:46

If finally figured the RPM's out and as promised have made the binaries for
KDE2Pre-alpha available in this manner. These where built based upon the CVS
Snapshot as of 6:00am EST on 1-13-2000.

I will not be making any new packages available for 2 weeks. Count on the
next set at the end of the month.

The RPM's are available at:

ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2

At the same location are also updated versions of the *.tar.gz to represent
the 1-13-2000 snapshot.

If you use the RPM's please make sure you have qt-copy installed someplace
and you will need to use the "--nodeps" flag for all the packages and the
"--force" flag for kdeadmin and kdegraphics. (The rpm's are looking for a qt
library and since you didn't install qt through an rpm it can't find it.).

I do not, and most likely will not, have an rpm created for qt-copy. Please
use the tar.gz that is available.

This version of KDE2-prealpha will isntall in /opt/kde2.

I have tested these RPM's here (I am writing this on the install) but would
appreciate knowing if others where able to install them and use them.

Have at 'em and have fun!

Christopher Molnar
molnarc@nebsllc.com
molnarc@aetna.co