List:       kde-announce
Subject:    Announce: kuser 0.4.0 ready for beta3
From:       Martin Konold <konold () fiwi02 ! wiwi ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-03-02 19:18:21

Hello everybody,

I have uploaded a new version (0.4.0) of kuser to ftp.kde.org
in /pub/kde/Incoming. I expect it will move to
/pub/kde/stable/Beta3/apps/utils.

What is kuser
--------------------

kuser is a User-Administration-Tool for the Shadow-Password-System.
The following features are included:

        - create users and home-directories
        - delete users and home-directories
        - change passwords
        - change shadow entries
        - quota-support
        - autoupdate of NIS-database
        - sorting of User-Database
        - adjustable create-mode of home-dirs

new features:

        - session management
        - creation of backupfiles before changing the passwordfiles
        - Change List (make changes for a list of users in one step)

Feedback welcome!

	Klaus-Dieter

PS:	New e-Mail-Address:    kdm@coppernicus.se.sh.schule.de

			in the subject line