List:       kde-announce
Subject:    Announce: ktalk 0.2.1 now ready for testing
From:       Martin Konold <konold () fiwi02 ! wiwi ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-01-30 7:46:03

Hi there thanks to  Burkhard Lehner <b_lehner@informatik.uni-kl.de> there
is now ktalk-0.2.1 available for download from

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/apps.network/ktalk-0.2.1.tar.gz

From: Burkhard Lehner <b_lehner@informatik.uni-kl.de>

                                               Kaiserslautern, 29.1.98
Dear Developers!

I proudly present ktalk 0.2.1, which is now maintained by me. Since I'm
absolutly new to kde programming, I don't dare presenting it to the world.
So could someone please help me or give me advice in the following topics?

- Nice icons would be great. I created an icon and a miniicon, but they
  look just funny, not professional :-)

- Just tried it on S.u.S.E. Linux 4.4.1. Since it uses a lot of network
  stuff (sockets, talk protocol etc.) it will probalbly not run on other
  systems. Who has access to another system? Pleas check whether it is
  compiling and running, and send me a little note what problems accured
  and how they can be solved.

So, here is the URL where you can get more information and download the
sources:

   http://www.student.uni-kl.de/~blehner/ktalk/index.html

And here's the LSM:

Begin3
Title:         ktalk - a graphical talk client able of multiple connections
Version:       0.2.1
Entered-date:  Jan 29 1998
Platform:      Unix, Qt 1.31, KDE Beta-2
Copying-policy: GPL
End

So please test it, tell me what you think about it, report every bug you
find, and enjoy it!

Yours,
   Burkhard

Yours,