List:       kde-announce
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: 'whereis' for kde
From:       Bernd Johannes Wuebben <wuebben () math ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       1997-09-16 23:23:31

I find myselft using the unix utility 'whereis' very frequently.
However the standard version of whereis, distributed with all major Linux
distribution, doesn't look in the KDE directories when searching.

This is clearly an unbearable cirumstance ! :-)

So I quickly hacked 'whereis' to include the kde directories
when searching.

This version is EXPERIMENTAL, please comment on the paths I
added.

Again this is no fancy GUI program just a good old unix
utility that needed updating for KDE :-)

Once the changes get beyond the status of experimental,
I will contact the maintainer of linux-utils and ask him
to adopt this modified version for the standard distribution.

You can get it from fiwi soon. Until then look for it on:

http://math.cornell.edu/~wuebben/kde.html

bye,
--Bernd
wuebben@kde.org