List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] KDE 4.0 Beta 4 and Development Platform RC1 Released
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-30 22:17:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

The KDE Community is happy to release the fourth Beta for KDE 4.0. This Beta
aimed at further polishing of the KDE codebase and we would love to start
receiving feedback from testers. At the same time, a Release Candidate for
the KDE 4.0 Development Platform is released. This Development Platform
contains the bits and pieces needed to run and build applications using KDE 4
technology. The purpose of this Development Platform is to make it easier for
third parties to port their applications to KDE 4, without having to wait
until the full desktop is polished enough for the final 4.0 release.

As KDE has largely has been in bugfix mode, this last beta aims to encourage
testers to have a look at KDE 4 to help us find and solve the remaining
problems and bugs. Besides the stabilization of the codebase, some minor
features have been added, including but not limited to much work on Plasma.
Sebastian Kügler notes: "The improvements have been huge, and plasma is much
closer to what it needs to be before the release. I am confident we will be
able to finish it and present a very usable plasma to the users with KDE
4.0".

For more information, please refer to the following pages:

- http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-beta4.php
- http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-platform-rc1.php
--
sebas