List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] ScreenKast
From:       Bram Biesbrouck <b () beligum ! org>
Date:       2006-07-02 10:06:44

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce my new application to the KDE-community: ScreenKast.
The program captures your screen activities to a video file and provides an
interface to the captorials.com website where the captured tutorials can be
shared with users around the world, creating the first open-source video-based
helpdesk.

Features include:
	- Connect to, and record from a (local or remote) VNC-server.
	- Add (OpenGL-designed) commentboxes to the recording in different languages.
	- Export to various video formats (still some bugs here, but working).
	- Easily submit your recording to http://captorials.com

The program is in an early but very active development stage and is split into
a backend-engine (libinstrudeo) and a frontend GUI (ScreenKast).

Sources and binaries can be found at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libinstrudeo
http://sourceforge.net/projects/screenkast

Note: binaries were built on/for (K)Ubuntu Dapper Drake. If you find them
working on other distributions, please report this back to me.
Compile-instructions are included in the tarball's INSTALL files.

Regards,

Bram