List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] Scribus 1.3.2
From:       scribus docs <scribusdocs () atlantictechsolutions ! com>
Date:       2006-01-23 11:10:50

Name: Scribus
Version: 1.3.2
Type: Text Processing
Depend: Qt 3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.scribus.net
More Info:

 Scribus is an open source page layout
applications with many professional features
including very high quality PDF, EPS, SVG import
and export and CMYK color support. Scribus
supports ICC color management, creates CMYK
separations and interactive PDF's with form
fields, scripting and presentation effects.
Scribus has a powerful Python plug-in extending
its abilities. Scribus is translated into 30
languages and has excellent end user support via
mailing list and irc.

Changelog:
 The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the
release of Scribus 1.3.2 -
Egalité - Open Source Page Layout. The 1.3.2
release is the third
development version working towards a new stable
1.4.

With 1.3.2, we are excited to announce the first
beta of Scribus on
the Windows ® platform. With the gracious support
of Trolltech AS,
developer of the Qt C++ application framework, we
are able to release
Scribus on Windows with Qt 3.

Within this release period:

* We welcomed another member to the team, Jean
Ghali, who performed
  the Windows migration and developed the printing
system for Windows.
* We resolved over 290 requests and/or bugs which
included:
* Made significant progress in cleaning and
restructuring the codebase
which has lead to speed improvements, clearer code
and opened the way
forward for future 1.3.x development.
* Preparation for the new modular file load and
save system.
* EXIF support
* Enhancements to TIFF and PSD file format support
* Image Effects - Tinting, Sharpening and more can
be applied directly
within Scribus.
* Better cursor placement in text frames
* Section based page numbering
* Enhancements to the colour wheel and shortwords
plugins
* Enhancements to guide management
* PDF export with viewer export options
* Updates for both Windows and Mac OS ® X
compatibility
* Significant updates to documentation, including
the beginning of
1.3.x documentation.
* Translation updates

About Scribus

Scribus is an open source page layout program with
the aim of
producing conformant commercial grade output in
PDF and Postscript.,
along with extensive support for graphical PDF
form and PDF
presentations.

While the goals of the program are ease of use and
simple easy to
understand tools, Scribus offers support for
professional publishing
features, such as CMYK colors, easy PDF creation
and Encapsulated
Postscript import/export. Other professional
features include full ICC
color management, spot colors and creation of
color separations.

Scribus is commercially supported and is available
for Linux/*nix/BSD,
along with MacOSX(R) and Windows(R). Scribus is
used around the world
for newspaper production, book publishing and a
wide variety of page
layout tasks.