List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] sunbeam and moonshine 0.1-alpha
From:       Basant Mudalgi <basant.mudalgi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-21 20:48:44

Name: sunbeam and moonshine
Version: 0.1-alpha
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend: KDE 3.2.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://sunbeamoonshine.sourceforge.net/
More Info:

 News
With the Dinosaur release Mark I of sunbeam has
more-or-less reached the end of the development
phas in its life cycle.
I am currently in the process of drawing up a
feature-list of MARK II which, due to other things
that have come up, should take quite some time.
This,at the least should feature lots of
eye-candy, better speeds and a smaller (memory)
footprint.
Other equally important features i have planned to
implement are a better configuration interface,
better, more modular design, easy extensibility
and integration with other
software/libraries(including kat and/or beagle
support).

Sunbeam and moonshine are a KDE kicker panel
applet and application pair that are intended to
be used (together or in isolation) as an
alternative to the current kicker panel. Apart
from this, the functionality of the software has
been somewhat extended to currently enable
features like file and application search and
browsing facilities, favourites, window list and
desktop access. All this with a nifty browser-type
ability to go back and forth.

[Note]
Anyone for making the app region-neutral?
Anyone interested in making the Background images
for both apps?
And yes for the .deb and .rpm... anyone game?
And thanks for the idea Thom.

[to compile]
configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
make
make install
[or]
configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
--enable-final
make
make install
[whatever works]

[if this fails]
autoconf
automake
configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
make
make install
[or]
autoconf
automake
configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
--enable-final
make
make install
[whatever works]

****
Note:In case of any problem,a solution or
suggestion pleeaaassee mail me or post here about
it(do send me the kde-version, also try to locate
files sunbeam , moonshine.desktop &
libmoonshine.la on your system and tell me if and
where you found them.).

Changelog:
 0.1-alpha-r149
Dinosaur Release (Bloated, Slow and Heavy)
Added:
1.Search for apps now done extensively from
kservice...like in kmenu(thought this would be
faster but it isn't).
2.Mount Unmount options on device menu(right
click).
3.A lot of configuration options including
sunbeam-position-on-screen, layout(nothing
new),widget backgrounds colours and blending(main
*parent* window and toolbar dont use this).

Moonshine-0.1-alpha-r148
Configuration available for moonshine.
0.1-alpha-r148
Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have Configure-a-TON!
	This manipulates the basic layouts,sizes and
content!..im waiting for the avalanche of
bug-reports!(eye-candy coming up).
	NOTE: -1=(dont show widget)
We also have a toolbar!
	Close,Hide,Configure,A way to go back and forth
in history! This is a bit buggy
....#$%&^^*&*@!!!!!
The Labels on the Result Layout are now Dynamic.
*****
TODO
*****
1.More Mount options on Devices(right Click)
2.Loads of I-Candy.

Added Mechanism to go Back And Forward in
history:: A Bit Buggy.
Added Configuration Option:: Favourite Icons And
Directories Can Now Be Configured.