List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] K3DSurf 0.5.4
From:       Abderrahman Taha <taha_ab () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-12-14 3:52:12

Name: K3DSurf
Version: 0.5.4
Type: Scientific
Depend: Qt 3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://k3dsurf.sourceforge.net
More Info:

 K3DSurf is a program to visualize and  manipulate
Multidimensional surfaces by using Mathematical
equations. It's also a "Modeler" for POV-Ray in
the area of parametric surfaces.

            Features :
* 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D HyperObjects visualization.
* Full support of all functions (like C language).
* Support of mouse event in the drawing
area(Left:Rotate, Right:scale and Midle:
translate).
* Animation an Morph effect.
* Povscript and Mesh file generation(and Run if
povray is installed). VRML2 and OBJ files also
supported.
* More than 100 well known examples.

An applet Java can be found at :
http://www.wintonet.com/java/j3dsurf.html
GTK an Xwindow version under work.

***************************************
***************************************
Hi all and Welcome to the 3D mathematical objects
modelling !!

Because creating mathematical objects isn't
obvious, we've begin to work on a new section
"Tools" to make this job as easy as working with a
mesh modeler (like Blender). To achieve this goal,
We are exploring two ways and techniques :
Deformers and Builders.
It's just the begining but perspectives are great
:-)

Thanks to all the people who help me to keep on
K3DSurf by using it, by sending me suggestions,
wishes or giving there votes.
Enjoy ;-)

Changelog:
 1) Add two new sections for 3D mathematical
equations modeling:
  *** Deformers: Two tools, "Scale" and "Twist",
can be used to apply some deformations like
twisting and scaling. The size and complexity of
the generated equations depend heavily on the
number of steps from the original shape.
  *** Builders: Three tools, "Revolve", "Extrude"
and "Loft", can be used to build 3D shapes from
one or more 2D/3D curve.

2) Add possibility to show the shape's  part
subject to conditions.

3)Polygons Normals drawing.

4) Code improvement: no more floating polygons
when using conditions.

5) 7 new examples made by K3DSurf itself (at the
end of the 3D explicit equations list).

            Downloads

* Linux source (0.5.4)
* Linux Binary (0.5.4)(x86)