List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] KSynaptics 0.2.2
From:       Stefan Kombrink <katakombi () web ! de>
Date:       2005-10-19 6:29:09

Name: KSynaptics
Version: 0.2.2
Type: Hardware
Depend: KDE 3.3.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://qsynaptics.sourceforge.net/index.html
More Info:

 KSynaptics is a control center module that
enables users to take full advantage of their
mobiles' synaptics touch pad.
It depends on the XFree's synaptics driver and
offers the following features:

*adjustable pressure sensitivity
*tapping configuration / smart tapping
*mouse button emulation
*circular scrolling
*smart mode

Check it out, if you prefer Qt, there's also an
Qt-based version available.

Changelog:
 0.2.2:
+ KDE System Tray support
+ improved icons
+ several small bugfixes
+ latest synaptics touch pad driver (0.14.3)
needed!
+ translations included but are still mysteriously
broken
+ smart mode is now working  if system tray
docking is enabled.
 Note: You'll need both synclient and syndaemon
for a working Smart Mode.

A debian package will be apt-gettable soon.

 Thanks to Arnaud Quette and Rafael Rodríguez :)

0.2.1:
+ Just a compilation fix for AMD64

0.2.0:
+ ALPS support (I even didn't notice we haven't
had yet :) thanks to Andrea Dieni who kindly
provided a patch!
+ coasting scrolling support
+ nicer GUI + bugfixes

0.1.9:
+ smart mode isn't reimplemented yet!
+ optional faster tapping
+ custom border wizard
--------------------------
A happy new year has just begun and there's a new
synaptics driver release.
 I really recommend that update, it has great
improvements!

 KSynaptics 0.2.0 isn't ready yet, but since
there's currently no version supporting the new
driver version I decided to release a 0.1.9
preview.
 Most of the work has been contributed by Nadeem
Hasan - thanks alot!

 If you're using smart mode I suggest you stick to
KSynaptics 1.2 since it's not reimplemented yet.

0.1.2:
+ fixes compilation issues
+ removes non-GPL icon
+ minor UI changes (thanks to Nadeem Hasan)
+ fixed behaviour of sensitivity group box

0.1.1:
+ initial announcement