List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.4 Release Canidate
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-26 15:43:24

Hi!

KDE 3.4 is about to be finished, so we prepared a first (and hopefully only)
Release Candiate.

We want to have this tested as much as often, so we can't wait for vendor
binaries, so please test the sources if you have experience in this.

You can download the Release Candidate from download.kde.org at
http://download.kde.org/unstable/3.4.0-rc1/src

You can also use konstruct to help building the RC1 from sources. Get it from
http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/ - also Stephan Binner prepared a
"Klax" Live CD for i486 compatible systems. Available for testing on
http://ktown.kde.org/~binner/klax/

It is very possible, distributions are going to upload binaries for the RC1.
So please check http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/3.4.0-rc1
in the next days. For details ask your distribution though.

Thanks for your help in reporting bugs and giving feedback so far.

Greetings, Stephan