List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] G System 0.4.1 is released!
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-10-21 21:01:21

Hello!

The first maintainance release of the 0.4 series is now available.

Among minor demo improvements the focus was on improving and revising
the documentation of the G System to reflect our current ideas.
Particular care was taken to update outdated information and extend
the content where necessary. You can find everything on our
ever-improving homepage.

You can read the complete announcement on http://www.g-system.at/

The demo now features a better startup procedure. You can choose the
random seed for the new Universe that you can create. Even better:
you can create multiple universes at the same time in the same
application!

We have also thought about some aspects for the 0.5 release, which
will include network capabilities - which means that more than one
user can join in an universe simulation!

Please keep in mind that the project aims at a very uncommon kind of
simulation, namely evolution, life, social settings. The simulation
can even be considered as an online game in some aspects, although it
is much more under the hood, making it suitable for many scientific
investigations that require complex world settings. The core of these
capabilities is already there, but still we require many additional
components that allow the complete G System to work in a distributed
environment. And this is what the current releases focus on.

Regards,
Raphael
--
G System, The Evolving Universe - http://www.g-system.at